REFLECTOR: clearance

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Jun 29 08:26:22 CDT 2008


Al, I have the same experience. Unless lightly loaded, I've seen 
considerable runway go by after rotation. The rule is to never rotate 
the nose above the horizon, which puts the blade well above the pavement.

Scott

Al Gietzen wrote:
>
> I was told the a Velocity doesn't rotate..then climb like conventional 
> aircraft. Once the nose rotates, the aircraft doesn't mush aft down 
> like some but instead climbs right out (since the main wing was ready 
> to fly some knots ago). Folks actually flying can back this up
>
> I don’t think my experience is unique, but the mains roll some 
> distance after the nose comes up; especially if heavily loaded. The 
> trick is you don’t let the nose get very high.
>
> I have a 66” prop, and I don’t think I’ve ever measured the clearance 
> because it would be an EXTREME AOA for that thing to hit.
>
> Al
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-- 

-
    Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty.

    Benjamin Franklin 



More information about the Reflector mailing list