REFLECTOR: clearance
Jim Agnew
jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 28 19:28:02 CDT 2008
With anything near normal clearance the prop tips get closer to the ground as you rotate and at some point actually start to get higher as they pass the vertical line. Remember the prop tips follow an arc.
Jim
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying
----- Original Message ----
From: Al Gietzen <ALVentures at cox.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2008 9:09:36 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: clearance
I was told the a Velocitydoesn't rotate..then climb like conventional aircraft. Once the nose rotates, the aircraft doesn't mush aft down like some but instead climbs right out (since the main wing was ready to fly some knots ago). Folks actually flying can back this up
I don’t think my experience is unique, but the mains roll some distance after the nose comes up; especially if heavily loaded. The trick is you don’t let the nose get very high.
I have a 66” prop, and I don’t think I’ve ever measured the clearance because it would be an EXTREME AOA for that thing to hit.
Al
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080628/734a1a28/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list