REFLECTOR: clearance

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sat Jun 28 10:45:14 CDT 2008


I called the factory when I was "prop pondering". There was no reference in  
my manual to prop clearance, probably since if you follow the plans, there is  
not a problem. My engine dictated a "BIG PROP" according to the prop maker. 
 
I was told the a Velocity doesn't rotate..then climb like conventional  
aircraft. Once the nose rotates, the aircraft doesn't mush aft down like some  but 
instead climbs right out (since the main wing was ready to fly some knots  
ago). Folks actually flying can back this up. 
 
I had to move my engine up, and my axles down (factory said this was OK). I  
am now able to swing a 76" 3 blade constant speed with 9.5" of clearance 
empty. 
 
It seems close just looking at it with my pusher ignorant eye.... but  
according to what I have heard.. all will be well (with a factory checkout of  
course :) 
 
Kurt 
 
173 FGE 340HP Aluminum V-6



**************Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for 
fuel-efficient used cars.      (http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080628/c87191d2/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list