REFLECTOR: Retract Pressures
Scott Baker
sbakr at comcast.net
Thu Jun 26 12:43:58 CDT 2008
If the pump does not operate when gear UP is selected (retract position), it is probably due to the air pressure safety switch (connected to pitot system). A jumper wire must be in position to defeat the safety device and allow the gear pump to operate in the UP position. I'm guessing the jumper wire probably slipped off the terminals during the work that was going on in the nose of the aircraft.
SB
----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Brown
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:53 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Retract Pressures
A friend of mine purchased a flying Standard RG but has been having some problems with the retract system.
After replacing some leaking cylinder seals, his pump would not run. After getting a new HP pressure switch from velocity, it still would not run in the retract direction. I told him several weeks ago that he needed to raise the pressure setting (little screw between the terminals). He said the factory told him that the switch was set at 1050 psi and that should work.
I told him that I had to raise the setting of my HP switch to over 1400 psi with a gauge attached during construction. When I started my flight tests, this setting proved to be too low - the pump would cycle on and off every couple of seconds. I turned the screw some more, until the pump would run without pulsing, but the pressure gauge was not connected at the time so I do not know what the pressure setting wound up being - but above 1400 for sure.
Any body got a measurement for what their high pressure switch is set at for actual operations?
Ronnie
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080626/32293428/attachment-0001.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list