REFLECTOR: Insulation?

Chuck c.harbert1 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 23 18:10:26 CDT 2008


Scott, I used a 1/16" thick piece of formica that I made tall enough to 
cover the gear leg from radiant heat from the brake disc. Works very well 
aat preventing heat transfer to the leg.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Scott Derrick" <scott at tnstaafl.net>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 8:12 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Insulation?


> Seems like we could put some kind of insulating thin material between
> the leg and the axle. no?  Not eliminate but reduce the flow of heat
> from the axle into the gear leg.
>
> I have some insulation tape but i'm not sure how well it would function
> under compression.
>
> there must be a hard thin substance that could cut, 20,30, even 40% of
> the heat transmission.
>
> I have 450 hours on my V with no heat problems, but I wouldn't mind a
> little more insurance.
>
> Scott
>
> -- 
>
> -
>    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
>
>    George Bernard Shaw, Liberty
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 



More information about the Reflector mailing list