REFLECTOR: Fw: Technical Support Transfer Fee

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sun Jun 22 17:42:45 CDT 2008



Scott, 



I fully understand Velocity's position on this and I think you covered it well. I appreciate being able to call you folks to get some insight, interpretation, part numbers etc. even after all these years :) Although I'm glad you folks didn't charge me an extra $800.00 because it takes me so long to build, I would pay it if I had to. The biggest reason is that I know what this service is worth. It can save tremendously in time and money, but also in safety and piece of mind. 

As always, I appreciate your work and input. Drop by E98 next time you're flying around NM. 

Kurt 


-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Baker <sbakr at comcast.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 3:06 pm
Subject: REFLECTOR: Fw: Technical Support Transfer Fee





----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Scott Baker" <sbakr at comcast.net>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 6:07 PM
Subject: Technical Support Transfer Fee


> It's time clarify some misconceptions regarding the Technical Support 
> Transfer Fee for second (and subsequent) owners of Velocity aircraft.
> Parts support is offered regardless of enrollment in the Technical Support 
> Transfer Fee program.
> Original buyers of Velocity aircraft receive free, unlimited technical 
> support from the factory via telephone; email; or through visits to the 
> Velocity Service Center.  The "free" part of the technical support does 
> not transfer to the new owner when a kit is sold.
> The factory offers a technical support program to new buyers of 
> kits-in-progress; and to those who purchase Velocity aircraft that are 
> licensed and flying.  The one-time rates are:
> $800 if the aircraft is not flying; and $400 if the aircraft is flying. 
> Once registered, the second owner receives the same unlimited (no 
> additional cost going forward) technical support as the original buyer of 
> the Velocity kit.
> Editorial: Some buyers of kits-in-progress are extremely reluctant to 
> purchase the Technical Support Transfer Fee.  For some reason they believe 
> that the since the original owner 'purchased' unlimited tech support with 
> the price of the kit - that they are entitled to the same support for 
> free. What people do not realize is that factory tech support people have 
> already assisted the original buyer with many hours of tech support - and 
> now the new buyer wants us to rewind and explain everything again from the 
> beginning.  Second owners often require _more_ support than original 
> buyers - because the second owner does not have the benefit of knowing how 
> the aircraft (at whatever stage of development the aircraft happens to be 
> in) was built.  As the number Velocity aircraft for sale escalates - the 
> staff time for technical support climbs as well.
> Velocity is a business - not a club.  Yes, we take a personal interest in 
> people - but our people work for pay.  Strange as it might seem, Velocity 
> is not a volunteer organization (although I sometimes feel that we are a 
> non-profit company!).
> I think it is fair to say that everyone at Velocity hopes that builders 
> _will_ use the factory as a resource.  We live, breath, eat, and sleep 
> Velocity every day.  We may not know everything there is to know about 
> building an aircraft - but we do know a heck of a lot - and we are very 
> willing to share this information with those who ask.  This is especially 
> true with support involving structure and safety.  In return , we ask for 
> your financial support to help keep talented people near the telephone to 
> answer your questions.
> You all are truly the greatest!
> Many thanks,
> Scott B.
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Brainard, Jerry" <Jerry.Brainard at anthem.com>
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 8:44 AM
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Main gear leg problems
>
>
>> That's a bit harsh.  I have not found them to be the money-grubbing sort
>> that you seem to be intimating.  They have been very fair and helpful
>> with me.
>>
>> I must say that I am a bit surprised that one must pay $400 to buy a
>> part.  It was my impression that the fee was for support of anyone but
>> the original buyer.
>>
>> But hey, your mileage may vary
>>
>> Jerry
> www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080622/71709393/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list