REFLECTOR: Insulation?

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sun Jun 22 10:12:00 CDT 2008


Scott, 

I called the factory a while back  to ask what the "new preferred" method was 
to shield against heat from the brake  disc to the leg. I have been told by 
some to use an aluminum shield, but it  seemed that aluminum would conduct the 
heat TO the leg (while providing a bit of  a barrier against the air transfer 
heat that John mentioned). 

The  Factory is now using a high density bakelite type material. Now that 
makes sense  to me, so I bought some. They sell you 2 pieces about the right size 
and you  drill/trim to fit. They are 1/8" thick and fit flush against the 
back of the  gear leg. 

I placed my nifty 2-axis alignment shim between the axle and  the shield. You 
can see it in the picture:

Kurt  





**************Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for 
fuel-efficient used cars.      (http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: brakes.JPG
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 167154 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080622/45caf4e2/attachment-0001.jpeg 


More information about the Reflector mailing list