REFLECTOR: Brake Lines

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sat Jun 21 19:22:09 CDT 2008



Dave, 

?

I just measured the stuff I have. The factory "H" is .043 thick (ID is .096). The factory brass inserts fit this stuff perfectly. 

?

The "T" stuff is .025 thick (ID is .138).? The inserts don't fit this. 

?

My guess is that if you buy the "T" type and the fittings from spruce, that you will have a match, but much thinner material. 

?

Kurt 

?

In a message dated 6/20/2008 11:22:54 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, velocity at davebiz.com writes:

If you know the difference between the wall thickness of the "H" and "T" 
type I could probably figure out which mine was.? I could measure it 
with a caliper.? I have about three feet of it that I pulled out and 
replaced with the Teflon core SS braid stuff.? My guess is that it is 
the thicker walled stuff.

Dave





-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Philipsen <velocity at davebiz.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:54 am
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Brake Lines



If you know the difference between the wall thickness of the "H" and "T" 
type I could probably figure out which mine was.  I could measure it 
with a caliper.  I have about three feet of it that I pulled out and 
replaced with the Teflon core SS braid stuff.  My guess is that it is 
the thicker walled stuff.

Dave

NMFlyer1 at aol.com wrote:
>  
> I am curious to know if the incident of the Nylaflow popping from the 
> ferrule was the correct Nylaflow.. or was it a mismatch like I ended 
> up with. Something to keep an eye on for sure.
>  

-- 
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD-FG
N83DP

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080621/c0deb6e7/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list