REFLECTOR: Brake Lines
steve korney
s_korney at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 18 19:17:17 CDT 2008
I use "DAYCO"IMPERIAL nylo-seal Tubing 33-NH-3/16-NSF 51 MAX. OPER. TEMP. 212*F
Or
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/nylaflow.php
Same connectors from ACS....
Best... Steve
________________________________
> Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 19:22:21 -0400
> From: richard at naples-air-center.com
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Brake Lines
>
> Kurt,
>
> As you know Nylaflow has a nasty habit of breaking down over time, especially when exposed to sunlight. I would recommend changing over to hard lines. I used:
>
> VERSATUBE From Aircraft Spruce.
>
> I attached a picture of mine, since I am an RG I could not use hard lines throughout.
>
> Richard
>
> NMFlyer1 at aol.com wrote:
> Need some input: The original brake "Nylaflow" that came with my kit isn't quite long enough for the 173 FGE. So, I bought some new stuff. They are the same OD, but not the same ID. The NEW stiff is thinner wall and is too big for the compression inserts that came with the kit.
>
> The Original part: S&L Plastics Nylaflow Pressure Tubing Type 3/16"H SK8201
>
> The New Stuff: S&L Nylaflow Pressure Tubing Type 3/16"T SK8201
>
> I am guessing the "H" is Heavy Wall, and the "T" is thin wall.
>
> The inserts from the factory fit the heavy wall tubing (that is too short for the airplane).
>
> The thin wall stuff is what the Wicks and Spruce Catalogs say is used for brake lines. Spruce doesn't have an insert listed that I could find, Wicks has one that says "3/16" part number 2030x4"
>
> What kind of Nylaflow is being used? If it is the thin wall stuff, what is the part number for the insert?
>
> I either need to order new (correct) nylaflow, or new (correct) fittings. any input?
>
> Another screeching stop due to incorrect parts.
>
> Thanks Kurt
>
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.
>
>
>
> ________________________________
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_________________________________________________________________
Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger.
http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_messenger_062008
More information about the Reflector
mailing list