REFLECTOR: airplane open house

doug.holub at tx.rr.com doug.holub at tx.rr.com
Sat Jun 14 21:30:35 CDT 2008


Oops. Sorry, Alex. I thought I had attached the invitation, and I haven't been back to my computer until now. We had a great time today. About 50 people stopped by and chatted about the airplane. Our local newspaper sent a reporter and a photographer. Attached are a couple of pictures, not very good ones of the plane, though. 

I think I'll be moving it to the Grand Prarie airport this week. I've still got engine baffles to fabricate and install, and I need to hook up my fuel and oil lines. I'm going to try to get those done this week and then move the airplane to the airport. 

You must be getting close to flying, aren't you?

Doug
---- Alex Balic <velocity_pilot at verizon.net> wrote: 
> Hey Pat-
> Just checking on those car pics....... 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of doug.holub at tx.rr.com
> Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2008 12:12 AM
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR: airplane open house
> 
> I've been building my Velocity for 8.5 years in my car port for all the
> world to see. So in my neighborhood I'm "the guy who's building an
> airplane", and there's been a lot of interest in the project's progress. I'm
> moving the airplane to the airport next week, so we're having an airplane
> open house for my neighbors tomorrow. I'm going to have the airplane
> assembled in the front yard. I just realized this evening that I didn't tell
> any of the Reflector guys.  Any builder in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area is
> welcome to come and see my bird and have a hamburger and something to drink
> tomorrow between 11 am to 2:30 pm. 
> 
> Doug Holub
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check
> new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list