REFLECTOR: AirVenture Cup 2008
Jon Bachman
jbachman at zianet.com
Thu Jun 12 16:36:14 CDT 2008
Thanks.I really appreciate you sharing your experiences.
Jon
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of TimRhod at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:40 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: AirVenture Cup 2008
Jon My understanding is that the factory VNE was based on the fact that
that's as fast as they had tested it. At that time smaller engines were the
norm and about 180KTS was the fastest the plane would go straight and level.
Mine can go about 218 straight and level and I have tested it to 230 KTS in
a full power dive. I did experience flutter on my left rudder and had to
quickly pull up and pull power. The flutter was violent and shook me up
quite a bit. I was anxious to get on the ground because at the time I
didn't know what it was and didn't want to be in the air when something came
off. A very hard landing with to much nose up allowed my prop to hit the
runway thus removing about a 1/2 inch. I have since fixed the prop and
changed the incidence of my rudder with factory advice and have again tested
it to 230 KTS with no problem but now at about 215 to 230 kts my engine
starts running rough. I have sought out lots of experts and no conclusions
to date. I need to install a recordable engine monitor to diagnose the
problem but haven't had the time yet plus I'm a little gun shy about going
that fast . Tim
_____
Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008
<http://citysbest.aol.com?ncid=aolacg00050000000102> .
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080612/2d5671ce/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list