REFLECTOR: AirVenture Cup 2008

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Thu Jun 12 13:21:26 CDT 2008


Jon;

 

I don't think the 200 kts is a hard number; more like a suggested limit. I
have had my SE RG to 208 KTAS more than once, for short periods, and it was
steady as a rock.  Any flutter would be felt, but you can also look back and
see the control surfaces. "Flutter" would be defined as a resonant
condition, and gets serious quickly. A vibration is something else - I noted
some of that when my aileron torque tube bearing was loose. I could look
back and see that the ailerons were vibrating at some small amplitude.  It
only happened at a specific rpm in climb.

 

Al

 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Jon Bachman
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 8:58 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: AirVenture Cup 2008

 

That's great!  I assumed the 200 factory limit was for flutter.  How did you
expand the envelope?  Did you use cameras to verify you did not have flutter
in the wings/controls/winglets or some other means?

 

Jon

N956DR

Std RG

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of TimRhod at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:27 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: AirVenture Cup 2008

 

Jon   Yes that is correct.   I can get about 218Kts indicated at 2000AGL.
I have a stock XLRG  with a modified  370 HP continental IO550. MT prop with
1/4 inch shaved off the tips: not by choice.   Tim 

 

  _____  

Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008
<http://citysbest.aol.com?ncid=aolacg00050000000102> .

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080612/4144f58d/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list