REFLECTOR: avionics shop on the field

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sun Jun 8 21:15:17 CDT 2008


I asked the EAA about this and they replied    "On the transponder and pitot/static
testing, you need to have an authorized shop do the testing and certification."

If I can do it myself, I would want to.  Can you convince me it's OK?

John

Ron Brown wrote:

>
>
> You can pretty much self certify (this is an experimental homebuilt),
> airspeed vs GPS, altitude VS a high speed pass down the runway (50 ft is low
> enough) and have ATC verify your transponder output vs your indicated
> altimeter.
>
> Ronnie
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: <doug.holub at tx.rr.com>
> To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 3:44 PM
> Subject: REFLECTOR: avionics shop on the field
>
> > When I trailer my airplane to the airport for final assembly and first
> > flight, there needs to be an avionics / instrument shop on the field,
> > doesn't there? To check out the pitot/static system and calibrate the
> > magnetic compass and test my transponder before I can get an airworthiness
> > certificate?
> >
> > Doug Holub
> > 99% done, 10% to go
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list