REFLECTOR: Another cheap and easy from Larry.
Rene Dugas
dugasd at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 4 11:39:13 CDT 2008
Larry,
Thanks for the picture. I do not have this fix. I have had a few
concerns about it and considered a tensioning mechanism so the cables
could not flail. This is KISS.
Rene'
500+ hours flying
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Laurence Coen
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 11:03 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Another cheap and easy from Larry.
If you have an older retract with the original main gear pulley
brackets, then this is for you. I had finished my retract system when
the factory came out with new brackets that prevent the cable from
jumping off the pulley during turbulence with the gear in motion. To
see if this was a real problem, I raised the mains half way and pulled
the breaker. I lifted one wheel and let it drop to simulate the in
flight problem. The cable came off the pulley and jammed between the
pulley and the bracket. If this happened in flight you will land with
no mains. The problem is very real. My solution took about 15 minutes
total and involved aluminum flashing and a pair of scissors. Since a
picture is worth a thousand words I attached a picture and will shut-up.
Larry Coen
N136LC
SE/RG Franklin/IVO
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080604/ae0c4e4c/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list