REFLECTOR: brass fittings on engine?

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 19:37:11 CDT 2008


No reason not to, they are generally not as susceptible to vibration cracking as aluminum.  I wouldn't hang heavy things like presure sensors off them.  I would also use Never-Seize on the threads so you don't get possible corrosion due to the dissimilar metals.
 
Jim
 James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying 



----- Original Message ----
From: "doug.holub at tx.rr.com" <doug.holub at tx.rr.com>
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 3, 2008 2:27:54 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: brass fittings on engine?

I'm not putting aluminum fittings on the engine block. Can I use brass?

Doug
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080603/2d4a79a2/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list