REFLECTOR: Front tie down

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon Jul 28 23:48:12 CDT 2008


Chris;

 

I just took the very simply approach of putting in an eye-bolt with about
the same size opening as the ones for ends of the center-section spar.  I
put it between the headlamp and the nose gear door with large flat washer on
the inside.  The material is strong there where the inner and outer skins
overlap. 

 

Al

 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Christopher Barber
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 6:07 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Front tie down

 

In my set of plans it shows where to install the tie down on the ends of the
center spar, however, I don't seem to be able to find where and how to
install the front tie down.  Mine consists of a little 90 degree piece of
aluminum with a hole in it and that is it.  I figured if it was installed in
front of my front gear through the fuselage it would need a backing plate or
something to take the tension loads.  Do y'all know the process/location?

 

This is for a Standard Elite with Fixed gear.  TIA.

 

All the best,

 

Chris Barber

Houston

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080728/d220e327/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list