REFLECTOR: Transponder

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 23 19:54:10 CDT 2008


Rene,

Try a local A&P school.  In Greenville there were two different fellows who
did transponder certs as a moonlite job.  If you found one, he might be able
to help you eliminate or identify things.

Terry

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Rene Dugas
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:06 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Transponder

 

Dear Fellows,

I was flying the Velo two days ago and the tower could not pick up the
transponder at all.  The Garmin seems to be functioning normally on the
panel with yellow flashing light and persistent light with Idend pushed.  Is
there check I can do that might tell me if it is my antennae or the box.
Will a hand held tune to a frequency that will pick up a beep or signal.
The avionics shop is backed up and I leave for Oshkosh next week so I'm in
do it yourself mode.

Ideas?

Rene'

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080723/34b34565/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list