REFLECTOR: OSH approach
John Dibble
aminetech at bluefrog.com
Wed Jul 23 18:09:40 CDT 2008
Thanks. That helps a lot. In 2005 I flew to OSH and took the high
performance approach. That was easy, but I think I wasn't supposed to
take that. At the top of the procedure page it read:
High Performance/Warbird Arrival
for aircraft capable of crusing at 130 knots or greater
Now after reading it more carefully it looks like my plane is excluded
from this approach.
Any ideas what times the traffic would be less?
John
KMis178813 at aol.com wrote:
> John I have never flown into OSH without being in a mass arrival
> group (Glass overcast, Airventure cup). I am going to give it a try
> this year though. The experience that I do have is flying into
> Sun-N-Fun every day of the show for years. I flew with the slower
> group most of the time and put myself in some dangerous situations in
> doing so. In holding around lake Parker Controller: "Nose to Tail,
> Nose to Tail, No Passing, Follow the Plane in front of you" The plane
> in front of us was a Cub at Half Throttle?????? Flying at 1200 ft
> with the canard in a constant stall going around in circles for 45
> minutes. " tighten the pattern up, Canard catch up to that
> plane in front of you" it was a 172 and when I did catch up, he pulled
> full flaps???? Those flaps sure do look a lot like brake lights when
> you're only 100 feet behind and 40 kts faster. Since then I have flown
> in with the Faster planes. It's easier to catch up - than slow down,
> and they seem to be a little smarter in speed management. Ken In a
> message dated 7/23/2008 2:04:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> aminetech at bluefrog.com writes:
>
> I'm working on last minute plans for Oshkosh. There are 2
> approach speeds, 90 and 135
> kn. Any thoughts on which is better?
>
> Thanks,
> John
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse
> Fantasy Football today.
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080723/d525fe79/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list