REFLECTOR: AirVenture in a week

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sun Jul 20 10:54:54 CDT 2008


Oh sure... rub it in!  Can't make it to OSH this year. I do have some  time 
off, but not enough and I'll spend that working on my own V. That Coffee  
sounds great though!  
 
I work at Albuquerque Center and try to make sure I get on our only low  
altitude sector during the trek to & from OSH times. If you hear someone  grilling 
any experimental about what they are flying.. that is probably me.  <Big 
sector: TBE to TXO to SYO to west of DHT to 40S of AMA   127.85)
 
Flying and working around this part of the country I try to pick up as many  
tricks and cheap fuel stations as I can.  Over in SJN (Saint Johns Az.) is  
about the best fuel price you will find in that area. Gary and his team are good 
 folks there. 
 
In NM, Los Alamos has pretty goodprices, but High altitude and lots of  
mountains and a restricted area right next to the airport. ONM (Socorro) has  good 
prices, but it is a truck and nobody is there. You'd have to call the guy  and 
wait.  
 
Of course, anyone is more than welcome to drop into Mid Valley Airpark  (E98) 
just south of Albuquerque. That's were I live and am building. We do have  
self serve fuel (5.39), and if I am around and hear a Velocity on the hangar  
radio, you can bet I'd come over to visit. 
 
If you need fuel in the Texas Panhandle, Dalhart (DHT) has 1 expensive one  
and one good one. If you stop there, go to Baileys flying service for the cheap 
 fuel. 
 
Hope you all have a great OSH trip. By all means, post some pics for those  
of us that are still sanding :) 
 
Kurt Winker
173 FGE
Chev. 4.3L Aluminum V-6
 
 
 



**************Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for 
FanHouse Fantasy Football today.      
(http://www.fanhouse.com/fantasyaffair?ncid=aolspr00050000000020)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080720/e70bbbbf/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list