REFLECTOR: HID lamp cable length
Andy Millin
amillin at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 20 10:42:26 CDT 2008
Brian,
You are working beyond the limits of my research. Sorry man.
I agree that the D series shouldn't have the cable length limitation.
With the igniter and reflector the unit will be fairly deep. If you have
the old style canard (foam only outboard), and I think you do, it might
work. If the spar ran the full length, I don't think it would work.
Where will you find the reflector to fit the profile?
Andy
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Brian Michalk
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2008 11:08 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: HID lamp cable length
Andy,
In your browsing of the net, did you find any limitations on cable length?
If I were to figure out how to make this work as a canard taxi light, it
would be nice to mount the ballast in the fuselage.
For the more expensive D series, where the igniter is mounted to the
lamp, what else is it good for? Is that where the current regulation
happens? It seems that RF noise from current regulation would not be a
significant problem. I can see that ignition phase would be very noisy.
I need to find a site of someone who has dissected a lamp and discusses
theory of operation.
More information about the Reflector
mailing list