REFLECTOR: Armpit scoop cooling problems

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Sun Jul 20 07:38:00 CDT 2008


Here is a good article on turning vanes 
http://www.csemag.com/blog/1250000325/post/1310016131.html

And here is the original with picture:

------------------------- Begin Excerpt -----------------------

ack,

I was thinking more along thses lines.

I was also thinking of using aluminum though glass would be easier to mold
the curves..

Scott

----- Original Message -----
From: "Reeder Graphics, Inc." <print at reedergraphics.com>
To: "Velocity Reflector" <reflector at awpi.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 6:28 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Oil Duct Vanes


|
|
| I like the idea of vanes in the oil air duct outlet...but does it work on
| something of this size, as opposed to a wind tunnel? If so, how many sets
of
| vanes are appropriate for the Velocity oil outlet and how wide should they
| be? (W in the drawing)
|
| I've attached a sample drawing that shows 3 sets of three vanes for a
| hypothetical 90* bend. Is this how the vanes should be oriented to the
bend?
|
| Do we need the vanes before, in the middle and after the bend? The
Velocity
| application seems to be less dramatic than the drawing.
|
| If I'm going to try this I'd like to get it right the first time (I'm not
a
| fluid dynamics engineer). Why not just use aluminum sheet for the vanes?
| It's lighter and much easier to retrofit.
|
| Keep 'em cool!
|
| Jack Reeder
| Reeder Graphics, Inc
| 1113 Brian's Way
| Wayne, PA 19087
|
| 610-989-9994
| 610-989-0745 fax
------------------------- End Excerpt -----------------------



Scott Derrick wrote:
> I finally found the email I sent to the list on 3/24/2002
>
> But the archive is messed up, all the attachments are gone.  I
> searched my computer and can't find the original photos.
>
> is there an archive of the list that goes back that far with attachments?
>
> the Subject was "Oil Duct Vanes"
>
> Scott
>
> Andrew Ellzey wrote:
>> Scott,
>>  
>> Please copy me in on your turning vanes photo's also. I am also
>> installing an updraft engine and will be using the arm pit scoops.
>>  
>> Andy Ellzey
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
>> __________ NOD32 3281 (20080718) Information __________
>>
>> This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
>> http://www.eset.com
>>     

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: OilAirDuct.GIF
Type: image/gif
Size: 1814 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080720/4f8bb6d6/attachment.gif 


More information about the Reflector mailing list