REFLECTOR: Engine cooling NACA scoops
Dave Philipsen
velocity at davebiz.com
Thu Jul 17 10:35:36 CDT 2008
Oops, I forgot to mention: I am in Central Illinois (Bloomington)
Brent Bourgeois wrote:
> Dave,
> I vote for more oil cooler.
> These engines with piston nozzles transfer alot of heat to the oil. Check your baffles in the dark with a light under, seal all leaks cracks with silicone. I have done a lot of pressure studies on the inlets, cowl(top/bottom) and oil cooler. I have 2 coolers, the front is for an IO540 with another smaller one with its owns cool air inlet on the back baffle. I am in the process of making my armpit scoops smaller for less drag. I have the same engine you have and run 320 on the under probes and 360 on the top plug probes. Never seen over 425 on the top even under the worst case. I have spent a lot of time on this and might be able to help.
> Where are you?
>
> Call if you need,
> Brent
> N61VB
> Std REG
> IO-360
> 985-785-8299
>
>
>
>
--
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD-FG
N83DP
More information about the Reflector
mailing list