REFLECTOR: Accident/Incident

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Jan 29 12:41:48 CST 2008


John,

Do you fly out of AEG?

Scott

> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
> Behalf Of JOHN LUNNING
> Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 11:43 PM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Accident/Incident
>
>
>
>
> Most don't know me and I just got back on to Reflector, but yes the second
> flight of my plane didn't go as well as the 1st. Note one-Do not buy a
> Crossflow Engine. The short story is after a good takeoff and initial
> climb, the engine gave out at about 400 feet. I turned to the first field
> that caught my eye and committed to it. I kept my airspeed right and touch
> down was smooth. My only problem was a couple fences between touch down
> and being stopped. Fortunately, the Velocity is a pretty tough plane. I
> experience several leading edge impacts from fence post, but nothing that
> can't be repaired. There was no structural damage that I have found yet. 2
> hours after the landing I had the plane back in its stall. At this time I
> have no ideal why the engine quit. I'll be looking into that this weekend.
> Needless to say, I won't have a 3rd flight until I have a reliable engine.
>
> If anyone is interested, I can now give some valuable input on how to best
> deal with a power loss after departure.
> John Lunning




More information about the Reflector mailing list