REFLECTOR: Main Gear Alignment

lawrence epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 27 13:37:24 CST 2008


My understanding was that the toe in during construction is calculated on the weight at that time. In other words, it is expected that the aircraft will settle and the legs spread when you add the engine, etc.

Larry Epstein
173 FGE



From: NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 14:04:19 -0500
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Main Gear Alignment








I am in the process of re aligning my main gear for toe in. (I have a 
FGE).  In the old plans it did not say to wait to align the gear, so I did 
it long ago. Once the engine and wings were put on, the alignment changed quite 
a bit. It went from Toe in to Toe out. 
 
I am wondering if I should load the V up with weight before I set the toe 
in again. If any of you have had to do this, what weight did you pick and did it 
change much once you reach gross weight? 
 
Any other insight from those of you flying a fixed gear regarding alignment 
of the gear? I can imagine that you'd like it aligned to track as straight as 
possible to reduce the need for braking to maintain straight travel. 
 
 
 
Thanks, 
 
 Kurt 
 


Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year. 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080127/3277e4b7/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list