REFLECTOR: Lower cowling- exhaust holes

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sat Jan 26 10:59:03 CST 2008


Tom,

I did exactly that and it worked great. The silicone baffling was still 
soft and pliable after 300 hours.  It was starting to look a bit singed 
where it touched the pipe but no other effect was noticed..

Scott

Tom wrote:
> The exit holes in the lower cowling for the dual exhaust are slightly 
> oversize to allow for removal/replacement of cowling. I have SS plates 
> which screw on over the holes. I had a friend recommend that I attach 
> red baffling material to the cover plates to make for a tight fit while 
> allowing room for engine movement via the rubber. Has anyone done 
> anything like this?? My concern is that the baffling material is only 
> listed to tolerate 425 degrees. I have ceramic coating on the exhausts 
> but I'd still bet they are hotter than that when the engine is running. Tom
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 

-- 

-
     Truth : the most deadly weapon ever discovered by humanity. Capable 
of destroying entire perceptual sets, cultures, and realities. Outlawed 
by all governments everywhere. Possession is normally punishable by death.

     Richard Childers


More information about the Reflector mailing list