REFLECTOR: Catto Prop

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 15 13:46:51 CST 2008


Hey Doug,

Congratulations on the engine order!  That should be a great engine.

I put this out before, but I want to make sure people know.  I have a prop
from Prince.  I also designed Prince's website.  I like the guy and I like
his product.  I don't get a commission.  I was interested in getting a good
prop for myself and possibly in finding a new source for the Velocity
community.  It just happened that his old website sucked.  Ha!

I really did tell Lonnie I was in no hurry and would not need it for a year.
It was delivered in three months.

That being said, I put a prop pricing/ordering wizard on his site.
http://www.princeaircraft.com  If you want to check the price, you can try
it with any combination of options.  You can even submit the one you like,
and ask him to call you back.

My prop has 2 blades, not 3.  74x83.  I discussed this at length with
Lonnie.  I am building the XL/FG and it stands about 4" taller than the RG.
I have the room for a longer prop.  Fewer blades; less drag.  Quint has a 2
blade prop on is Velocity IO-360 200HP.  He has a lot of experience making
props for pushers.

I have to admit I have reservations.  However, Lonnie guaranteed me that the
prop will work, or he will make it right.  No ifs, ands, or buts.  This
includes making a whole new prop if necessary.  This was enough for me.

You may need three blades if you have an RG, or you are looking for more of
a climb over cruise.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Douglas Holub
Sent: 01-15-2008 12:38
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Catto Prop

Hi Andy,

I asked for a quote from Prince 2 weeks ago, but they've been on vacation 
until yesterday. How long did it take to get your prop?

Doug Holub
just ordered a 188 hp Titan IOX-360

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Andy Millin" <amillin at sbcglobal.net>
To: "'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Catto Prop


> Folks, I have ordered and just receive a Prince P-Tip propeller.  It is
> fixed pitch.
>
> I ordered this prop because my friend Quint Daniels, Velocity serial 
> number
> 12, has been running one for years.  He loves it.  He has tried others and
> keeps coming back to the prince.
>
> Lonnie Prince makes a beautiful prop.  He makes 2 and 3 blade props.  Wood
> core, carbon fiber wrap with leading edge protection.
>
> I have not flown yet, but I can say my prop is a work or art.
>
> Andy
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Ron Brown
> Sent: 01-14-2008 2:15
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Catto Prop
>
> And things are worse now that Clark at Performance Props has announced 
> that
> he is going into semi retirement and will not be building as many props.
>
> I am really worried that we are down to basically ONLY ONE three bladed
> fixed pitch prop supplier for our Velocities.  And a lots of IO540 folks 
> are
> using Cattos now too.  The RV folks have also "discovered" the Catto!
>
> Ronnie
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: Jim Agnew <mailto:jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 1:47 PM
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Catto Prop
>
> Tec,
>
> Cato is a small shop that turns out top of the line props and he
> gets backed up.  Give Craig a call and see what his turnaround looks like.
> I know he is looking for a numeric control  full automatic machine.
>
> Jim
>
> James F. Agnew
> Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
> Tampa, FL
> Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: "HYTEC45 at aol.com" <HYTEC45 at aol.com>
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 12:08:39 PM
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Catto Prop
>
>
> In a message dated 1/14/2008 8:54:25 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> tomcat05 at comcast.net writes:
>
> Has anyone ordered a Catto prop in the last couple of
> years?? How long
> did it take?
>
> Six months; already flying.
>
> TEC
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
>
> Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape
> <http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489> 
> in
> the new year.
>
>
> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
> ________________________________
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list