REFLECTOR: Aileron control cables

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Fri Jan 4 10:30:37 CST 2008


When I purchased Tom Martino's Airplane (Shazam) it had factory(?) supplied  
cables for the ailerons (green housing). They were absolutely awful. The 
factory  now has a different supplier and the new ones are virtually Zero drag and 
no  play. I guess it depends how old the kit is as to which cables you have. 
Nice  and smooth now. Don't try to oil them, they get to chattering. Dry lube 
spray  with PTFE seems to work great.
 
                           Ken Mishler 
 
 
In a message dated 1/3/2008 11:59:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
avyator at cox.net writes:

Has anyone ever  tried a different control cable? I have just finished 
installing the factory  original aileron control cable and I am not at all satisfied 
with the amount  of force needed to move the ailerons. The force required to 
move the cables  even disconnected is unacceptable. I have found a new type of 
cable from  Teleflex CC693-5 that is a direct replacement but has a better 
feel and less  lost motion. Just wondering if anyone has used these before.  

_______________________________________________
To change your  email address, visit  
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!   www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives:  www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives:  http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




**************Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in shape.     
http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080104/1f18645a/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list