REFLECTOR: Transponder Antennas
Craig and Denise Woolston
cdwoolston at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 27 06:50:38 CST 2008
Thanks for all the hints. Sounds like I've copied several peoples ideas,
sort of.
I did make an octagonal ground plane using copper. It's a quarter wave
antenna but not an AV-22, I made it from brass rod. To be honest I can't
remember the exact type of the coax but I got it out of the scrap pile at
Lockheed, so I know it's Mil-Spec wire, I'll go check and see which RG I
got. I followed Bob Knuckles and Jim Weir (RST Engineering) books/hints.
It's mounted under the battery box so the cable length is probably around 3
feet.
We would occasionally get a complaint, right on takeoff climbing out, but
now it seems we get more complaints then before, when low and according to
one controller, "in the ground clutter". The frustrating part is the
receive function still works. And what I mean by that, is we can still be
getting traffic information and they say that we aren't putting out a beacon
code.
Craig
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080227/3061e90a/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list