REFLECTOR: fuel sight gauge

Grigore Rosu grigore.rosu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 17:58:20 CST 2008


I ordered mine from Velocity and they came with a 3-page installation
instructions.  Nothing else.

Despite being rather expensive ($126!), the gauge's instructions were poorly
written.

page 1: says where to install them and gives a way to do it, even though
page 3 shows two other possibilities, one for Vari Ez and another for Cozy,
which are NOT consistent with what page 1 shows; only the Velocity
installation is consistent with it.  Anyway, I liked the Cozy approach and
that's what I did.

page 2: says how to glue the two parts together, showing a "full-size gauge"
pattern which is actually significantly smaller than the actual gauge;
nothing about the LED.

page 3: shows three possible installations from the top.

Mine did not work at 3V at all.  Then I increased it to 4.5 V and the LED
started to lit (a bit).  I do not see any resistor on the wires in mine.

Does anybody know how to contact Vance?

Thank you,
Grigore

On Feb 13, 2008 5:41 PM, Joe Ewen <Jewen at comporium.net> wrote:

>  Grigore,
>
> Recheck the instructions that came with the units. Mine had the required
> resistor already installed.  Mine is connected to 12V (dimmed) and remember
> diodes are polarity sensitive, Red=positive and Black=negative.
>
> Joe
>
>  ----- Original Message -----
> *From:* Grigore Rosu <grigore.rosu at gmail.com>
> *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>  *Sent:* Wednesday, February 13, 2008 6:12 PM
> *Subject:* REFLECTOR: fuel sight gauge
>
>   Does anybody know how to electrically install the Atkinson sight fuel
> gauges?  In other words, can one just connect the little LED to 12V?  I
> tried to connect it to 1.5V, then 3V and did not lit; I'm a bit affraid to
> expose it directly to 12V.  If resistors are supposed to be serialized with
> the LED, does anybody know what resistors and where this info can be found?
>
> Thank you,
> Grigore
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080213/92a0de40/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list