REFLECTOR: Prop size?

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sun Feb 10 14:09:52 CST 2008


Subject: REFLECTOR: Prop size?

I am going to convert to a fixed pitch and would like some advice on 
diameter and pitch for both a three blade and two blade.
I have a Standard RG with an IO-360 10:1 225 HP. Would appreciate any 
opinions on prop configurations with this setup.
Dean Unterreiner

Dean;

Address this e-mail to Craig Catto craig at cattoprops.com and get the straight
scoop.

My opinion - I think the general consensus is there is no performance
advantage of 3-blade over 2-blade (perhaps the opposite), but the 3-blade
allows more prop clearance, and may be a bit smoother because only one blade
at a time is in the wing wake. 

I run a 66" dia; 80 pitch on my 20B, which seems about right; so a 66" with
maybe about 74-75" pitch would be about right.

Al




More information about the Reflector mailing list