REFLECTOR: Jeffco question
Grigore Rosu
grigore.rosu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 22:17:43 CST 2008
Kurt,
The Jeffco I have was ordered about 10 days ago from Velocity. I got 3
gallons, which should be more than needed. I just did a bit of Jeffco
mixture using the proportions above and I included the cabosil and the flox,
as Scott suggested; what I got was a very thick paste; there is no chance to
brush that ... I should get something thinner.
Grigore
On Feb 8, 2008 7:14 PM, <NMFlyer1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Grigore,
>
> Ronnie is right. You don't need the fillers for the coating. You are also
> right in that you can't mix too much of that stuff at a time without it
> "Therming" on you. It does cure faster and makes lots of its own heat.
>
> There is a tool called a "Nit Picker" It is a very fine tapered wire with
> a little handle. It's purpose is to be able to pick bugs, lint, (AKA Nits)
> out of your paint before it dries. It looks like a metal cat whisker with a
> handle.
> The tip is so fine, that you can pull things from paint without disturbing
> the finish (if you are quick enough).
>
> It has such a fine tip that it makes a perfect tool for popping tiny
> bubbles in Jeffco while it is still wet. Bout 9 bucks at a professional auto
> paint supply store.
>
> The Jeffco that I used along the top of the baffles is a different epoxy.
> They also have a structural epoxy. This may be where you thought I used
> filler with regular Jeffco.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Kurt
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
> Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.<http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300000002548>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080208/25fbbe3a/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list