REFLECTOR: PK Screws for Door Damper Bracket

Brainard, Jerry Jerry.Brainard at anthem.com
Fri Feb 8 16:39:35 CST 2008


Andy,

I can't tell if these are the Torx drive, but I bought a bunch of the
Torx head stainless steel version after tearing up too many of the
Philips head on Bret's plane.  I recommend this change, especially on
the cowling.  The Phillips are just to fragile (OK - maybe I'm just too
strong) for any location that is going to get multiple insert and remove
cycles.

As I recall, you were my the source of this vendor.  Wish they had more
sizes and lengths.  I think I hate Phillips head anything.  I replace
them with Allen or Torx whenever possible.


- jerry

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Andy Millin
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 9:39 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: PK Screws for Door Damper Bracket

Keith,

I have used these.  They are stainless 100 degree.  I bought 100 of
them.
They have been nice to have around for stuff like this.

http://www.microfasteners.com/catalog/products/SSCFCMXS.cfm 

Andy



-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Keith Hallsten
Sent: 02-07-2008 11:54
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: PK Screws for Door Damper Bracket

Thanks, Ken!  #10 x 1" Flat-Head Zinc-Plated Sheet Metal Screws it is!
My local Ace Hardware has them in Philips drive. 

 

 

________________________________

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of KMis178813 at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 6:27 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: PK Screws for Door Damper Bracket

 

Keith

  I checked my kit and they are 10 X 1 flat head sheet metal screws
(80207 ?). They are NOT 100 degree screws and my countersunk holes,
match the screws. Good Luck.

    Ken

 

 

In a message dated 2/7/2008 9:17:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
KeithHallsten at quiknet.com writes:

	I meant than the countersinking appears to be 100 degrees, not
37 degrees!

	
________________________________


	From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org
[mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]
On Behalf Of Keith Hallsten
	Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:35 PM
	To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
	Subject: REFLECTOR: PK Screws for Door Damper Bracket

	I was going to mount the angle brackets to the doors today.  The
manual says to use "PK Screws".  No hint as to diameter, length, head
style, material, finish, or part number.  I searched through my
fasteners, but did not find any "PK Screws".  The materials list for the
chapter does not list any, either.  

	The brackets are countersunk, so I surmise that either flat head
or oval head screws are intended.  

	Upon arriving back at home, a Google search reveals that PK
Screws are sheet metal screws, and are available in many combinations of
diameter, length, material, finish and head style.  Does anyone know
what part is actually intended so that I can order some?  Since the
countersinking seems to be 37 degrees, I don't suppose that I can find
any locally.

	Thanks! 

	Keith Hallsten

	
	
	_______________________________________________
	To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
	
	Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
	user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
	Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
	Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html





________________________________

Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL
Music.
<http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp003
0000
0002548> 


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, 
is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information or otherwise protected by law.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.



More information about the Reflector mailing list