REFLECTOR: engine size & CS prop

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 7 19:35:15 CST 2008


 
Here's the blades that I was offered:  
 

IVOPROP Electric  In-Flight Adjustable Magnum Model  
For engines up to 700  hp  
30"- 90" or 45" to 105" pitch  range  
58"-76" diameter   

I ended up  getting the 45-105 pitch range. Since I have 340 HP and over 700 
LBS of thrust  at the prop, I needed something that could handle that. I was 
impressed that IVO  took the time to talk to me, listen, ask intelligent 
questions before saying  they could provide me a good prop. In the end, he said I 
need a BIG prop with  lots of pitch for cruise. I am hoping that I get a decent 
takeoff performance at  my high density altitude, and can crank in the blades, 
reduce RPM and get a  decent cruise. We shall see.  
Actually, I  don't use a different glue, but a different method of prep. I 
started this when  trying to glue plastic or vinyl pieces. Usually the joint 
would seem good, only  to fail later.  
I was working  on repainting a vinyl interior on a Corvette I was restoring, 
and I found  something out. They make a special plastic/vinyl rep system that 
makes all the  difference. It cleans the surface oils from the 
plastic/vinyl/epoxies and then  preps it so that things stick better.  
I have repaired  plastic body panels, vinyl interior pieces, plastic bumpers 
and haven't had a  problem since. Basically you make sure the piece is clean. 
Then you wipe on the  plastic prep.. and wash it off with water.   then you 
prep it with a  conditioner. There is no sanding, no invasiveness of the base 
material. Then you  just do what you were going to do in the first place (like 
put on your SS tape).  Make sure you do not get fingerprints on the work area!. 
 
If you like, I  can send you a small bottle of each (from my supply) and you 
can try it out.  Just give me your address.  Yes, I have an ulterior motive, 
if It works,  I'll do the same to MY IVO.     :) 
If you wish to get it yourself, that's fine too, but it will last you  a 
lifetime in the quantities you have to  buy.  
The cleaner is PPG UK-403, The Conditioner is  UK-405.  
send me your Snail mail address if you would like to try it first. I  have 
plenty!  

Kurt  Winker



**************Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.     
(http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp003000000025
48)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080207/1fe64586/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list