REFLECTOR: engine size & CS prop
nmflyer1 at aol.com
nmflyer1 at aol.com
Wed Feb 6 11:16:59 CST 2008
I talked with IVO at length when checking into a prop for my V. I was quite impressed at all the questions and factors he considered (most of the rest just gave me dumb looks or said they didn't know. Including MT).
In the end, he said I would need a BIG prop to handle all that torque and power efficiently. I ended up buying his 76" constant speed Magnum Prop.
Since I have the FG, it is taller. The factory suggested I move the axles down a tad for more room & I moved my thrust line up 2".? I now have more clearance at the prop than the new XLRG. So I feel it is safe as it gets. Hopefully the performance check once I am airborn will yield good results.
Kurt
-----Original Message-----
From: John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 10:03 am
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: engine size & CS prop
?
HYTEC45 at aol.com wrote:
?
?
Ivo had such a problem with the Lyc 4's that he just "gave up", understandable.? However, with the right R&D the Ivo (or Ivo design) could probably work on the Lyc 6's.? The Ivo have worked on the Franklins which are 6 cylinders.?
I suspect it's an insurance issue.? I raised the question of 6 cyl Lyc and they said would refuse to sell the IVO for any Lyc.
John
?
?
?
?
?
Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery!? www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
________________________________________________________________________
More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail ! - http://webmail.aol.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080206/958b94de/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list