REFLECTOR: engine size

Robert Trent RDTRENT1 at CHARTERMI.NET
Tue Feb 5 21:45:56 CST 2008


Tom 
I bought a Catto 66 x 74 prop (6 years ago). It was way too much pitch. So
Craig was wise to advise the 72 pitch. 

I had my prop re-pitched prior to 1st flight last March when I could not get
much more than 2150-2180 rpms static during taxi tests.  

After that adjustment, I'm still only getting 2250 - 2280 static rpms and a
top end of 160 kts at 2600 rpms. (WOT 4500')  So in my case, more rpms will
also give me more speed. 

Craig did not tell me exactly what the new pitch was. It is still labeled
66x74. 

I just sent the prop back last week for a 2nd adjustment. I hope to have it 
back and flying next month. 

Bob Trent
173 FG Elite
200 hp IO 360 C1E6


-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Tom
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 5:26 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: engine size

After talking to Craig and noticing that most IO360s have a 74 pitch he 
still talked me into a 72 pitch (similar a/c to yours with 10 to 1s). 
Really curious what pitch you have on there. When you get a chance, 
could I trouble you to look at the sticker on the prop and let me know 
which pitch you have. My prop is still on order and I can change 
pitch...thx much, Tom
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list