REFLECTOR: no finger strainers?

Grigore Rosu grigore.rosu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 16:14:16 CST 2008


Scott, instead of building the hard points for the finger strainer
ourselves, isn't it easier to use AN867-3 welding flanges as hard points:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/alumflange.php

or

http://www.wicksaircraft.com/catalog/product_detail.php?pid=3762

Since I need to order the finger strainer anyway, I can just go ahead and
order both at the same time.

Thanks,
Grigore

On Feb 2, 2008 12:44 PM, Scott Baker <sbakr at comcast.net> wrote:

>  Installing a larger metal hard point and threading it to accept a finger
> strainer is the more professional way of doing things - and it allows you to
> service the mesh strainer (versus bonding in a tea strainer inside the fuel
> strake, which cannot be serviced).
> SB
>
>   ----- Original Message -----
> *From:* Grigore Rosu <grigore.rosu at gmail.com>
> *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> *Sent:* Saturday, February 02, 2008 12:07 PM
> *Subject:* REFLECTOR: no finger strainers?
>
> I'm about to install the fuel pipes and I am tempted to just follow the
> procedure in the manual, namely to use no finger strainer (but to use the
> kitchen strainer instead) and have the pipe bonded to the fuselage.  Is
> there anything wrong with this simpler procedure?  The fewer fittings in the
> fuel system, the lower the chance of a leak, and the better I feel.
>
> Thank you,
> Grigore
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080202/d7b2b09f/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list