REFLECTOR: no finger strainers?

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Sat Feb 2 12:44:02 CST 2008


Installing a larger metal hard point and threading it to accept a finger strainer is the more professional way of doing things - and it allows you to service the mesh strainer (versus bonding in a tea strainer inside the fuel strake, which cannot be serviced).
SB
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Grigore Rosu 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 12:07 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: no finger strainers?


  I'm about to install the fuel pipes and I am tempted to just follow the procedure in the manual, namely to use no finger strainer (but to use the kitchen strainer instead) and have the pipe bonded to the fuselage.  Is there anything wrong with this simpler procedure?  The fewer fittings in the fuel system, the lower the chance of a leak, and the better I feel.

  Thank you,
  Grigore



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080202/ff75ac12/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list