REFLECTOR: Slowing down elevator trim speed
Al Gietzen
ALVentures at cox.net
Fri Dec 26 10:15:08 CST 2008
I was told that the Mack grips have this brake in the switching system.
Haven't tried it yet, but while wiring them it kind of looks like it.
Kurt
You are correct. I have the Mack G5, and the trim switch closes the circuit
to ground when you let off the button. That's all you can do for motor
breaking.
However; at cruise speeds I find that is not enough to avoid 'over-trim';
and end up tapping up and dn buttons a few times to get a spot for level.
And I would not want slower trim at approach speeds. What we need is a
circuit that changes the trim speed as a function of air speed, and does it
by variable pulse current. Decreasing voltage via resistance may be damaging
to the motor over the long term.
Happy New Year,
Al
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081226/dc2fe919/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list