REFLECTOR: Aircraft Covers II

David Scharfenberg dave at winco.net
Tue Dec 16 22:43:55 CST 2008


> Hi Terry

I did sew flannel over the insides of the seems.  The problem was with 
the side window.  I'm sure the newer covers are much better.

Dave





> Dave, one possible fix your seam over the windscreen is to do a lining 
> of satin sheeting material and/or a thin sheet of flannel sandwiched 
> in there too—I read that somewhere just this week.  Another point 
> worth repeating on this topic is, as Chuck pointed out, the cover 
> can’t get contaminated with sand or stones, and the airplane itself 
> has to be clean and preferably waxed or any cover will upbraid the 
> airplane surface.  
>  
> Terry 
>  
>  
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched
Size: 1331 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081216/db2156c1/attachment.bin 


More information about the Reflector mailing list