REFLECTOR: Google Earth VFR Charts

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 21:08:40 CST 2008


That's it.  You got it.  After you load it, you can use this slider bar on
that left hand menu bar to fade it in and out.  .and check out that freebie
Flite Sim.  An EAA pal of mine loaded mine in at a meeting and I wasn't
watching how he did it.  

Terry

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Alex Balic
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 7:52 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: Google Earth VFR Charts

 

Hey Terry- I found this...

 

http://www.wikihow.com/Overlay-Sectional-Aeronautical-Charts-in-Google-Earth

 

 

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Terry Miles
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 7:04 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity aircraft in X-plane

 

Alex,

Sorry I should have put this out to the reflector when I found out about it.
Maybe from an article in Private Pilot magazine?  Anyway you can get a
"layer" of VFR sections to apply to GoogleEarth.  Kind of interesting to
see, and good for locating VORs etc.  I don't know how to do it.  You can
get one map from free from chart geek.  But there is an out-of-date full set
around to download.  I don't know where.  

Terry

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Alex Balic
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 10:33 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity aircraft in X-plane

 

Hasn't someone written a synthetic vision application for Google earth that
can interface with GPS data? I though I was something about that somewhere..

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Terry Miles
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:08 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity aircraft in X-plane

 

Hey,

I got another flight sim program of sorts.  Get GoogleEarth.  Then look
around in the features for their flight sim program.  It is very basic, but
it works and is a great local area familiarization tool.  All I use is a
track ball mouse.  And thanks to everyone about the X-plane thing.  I always
wondered about it myself.

Terry

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Kirk Aragon
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:15 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity aircraft in X-plane

 

 
Lou,
 
X-Plane is the only viable alternative to MS Flight Simulator. It has the
largest market penetration behind Microsoft's product. It's claim to fame is
a very realistic flight model based upon real aerodynamic calculations.

Dave,
 
The Velocity XL for X-Plane appears to be an aftermarket product. If you've
purchased it from him before, he may provide free upgrades.
 
Kirk
 
N360TV
SE RG, TO-360


 <http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Home/?source=EML_WLHM_GreaterGood>
i'mEMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me

 

  _____  

From: stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:03:51 -0500
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity aircraft in X-plane

Is X-Plane a complete software or is it just an add on to Ms Flight
Simulator.

 

Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY

----- Original Message ----- 

From: davedent at comcast.net 

To: Velocity Aircraft <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>  Owners and Builders list 

Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 1:04 PM

Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity aircraft in X-plane

 

If I already own X-Plane, can I just down load the Velocity file?  Or do I
pay the extra $20 for the file. Can any one tell me?  I made a simple one up
a year or so ago and then dropped it when I couldn't quite get the gear from
going up through the top of wing during retraction.  Other then that, it did
OK> I'm sure with this new one all those issues are worked out.  It looks
great and a lot of fun. Am I reading this right? 

Dave


  _____  



_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 


  _____  




No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com 
Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.16/1843 - Release Date: 12/11/2008
8:36 AM

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081212/f14ee061/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list