REFLECTOR: Electrical Marking Tip
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Dec 12 16:14:18 CST 2008
I use one of these, and it works great!
Scott
Brainard, Jerry wrote:
> I have the Dymo Rhino model and it really works well. The heat shrink
> printable tubing works and is available in white and yellow plus 1/4",
> 3/8" and 1/2". those are the flatten tube dimension so it is big enough
> to go over pins. I bought the one with a caring, two printable tapes
> and the A/C adapter.
>
> - jerry
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]
> *On Behalf Of *Terry Miles
> *Sent:* Friday, December 12, 2008 10:49 AM
> *To:* 'Velocity xl'; 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
> *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: Electrical Marking Tip
>
> Try this
>
> http://www.imagesupply.com/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=496
>
>
>
> I got the one for $350. I don’t know about the newer ones that may be
> cheaper. There are others on Ebay. Long ago when I was in the market
> this one got recommended on the Nuckols forum so I bought it. They skin
> you further on the cartridges. You will need two different sizes.
> Figure 30 to 40 cents per label depending on how big you want the
> letters. I started out printing with the little font and went to the
> bigger font (more tape length) cuz it was too hard to read the little
> stuff. I wear trifocal glasses. Not cheap, but if you do your own
> wiring, knowing what’s what is not an option. I would recommend this,
> sadly, as a solid way to keep on top of what you are doing.
>
>
>
> For what is already crimped you can use Rescue Tape. Google Rescue
> Tape. Al, or somebody pointed out you can get silicon tape from
> McMaster Carr that is much much cheaper. I checked and it was way
> cheaper. I’d go for a sample of both and see what you think. Silicon
> tape sticks to itself like nobody’s business and you can write on it.
>
>
>
> Terry
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> *From:* reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]
> *On Behalf Of *Velocity xl
> *Sent:* Friday, December 12, 2008 9:29 AM
> *To:* reflector at tvbf.org
> *Subject:* REFLECTOR: Electrical Marking Tip
>
>
>
> Say all I am looking to a little help with electrical wiring.
>
> I have the wire markers ( the little numbers and letters )
>
> that you tape to the wire as an Identifier. The problem is
>
> they keep coming off. Now I have put clear heat shirk tubing
>
> on the ones I install now and that works great but I really do
>
> not want to cut off all of my Crimps to put heat shrink tubing
>
> on the ones I missed. Is there any tips on how to keep these
>
> little Pieces of tape on the wire???
>
>
>
> PS I decided to go all electrical and get rid of the Vacuum Gauges.
>
> I did not look like there was a good way to run these Vacuum gauges.
>
>
>
> Thanks
>
>
>
> Ron
>
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
> is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
> confidential and privileged information or otherwise be protected by
> law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
> prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
> sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list