REFLECTOR: Electrical Marking Tip

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Fri Dec 12 09:45:38 CST 2008


I have been using a brother p-touch that can print down to size 9 font- it
will then wrap around the wire and still be readable- I still use clear heat
shrink, but probably not needed.


-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Brian Michalk
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 8:52 AM
To: Velocity xl; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Electrical Marking Tip

I think you made a good choice.

I really hate the fact that aircraft wiring choices are so narrow.
I would have loved to have some sort of printer that would print 
identifying color bands, stripes or numbering on the wire.  Probably not 
many people do wiring on their own cars anymore, but my old car manual 
identified all wires by color.  It sure made things easy.

About the best I found was to use a Brother Labeller.  Put the stickers 
on like flags.  Still not pretty though.

Velocity xl wrote:
> Say all I am looking to a little help with electrical wiring.
> I have the wire markers ( the little numbers and letters )
> that you tape to the wire as an Identifier. The problem is
> they keep coming off. Now I have put clear heat shirk tubing
> on the ones I install now and that works great but I really do
> not want to cut off all of my Crimps to put heat shrink tubing
> on the ones I missed. Is there any tips on how to keep these
> little Pieces of tape on the wire???
>  
> PS I decided to go all electrical and get rid of the Vacuum Gauges.
> I did not look like there was a good way to run these Vacuum gauges.
>  
> Thanks
>  
> Ron
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list