REFLECTOR: Electrical Marking Tip

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 12 09:05:26 CST 2008


I am assuming that you are talking about the electrical tags which come in a book. They are not intended to roll around the wires. They are intended to wrap around the wire once , then adhere to themselves. I know this makes them stick out and catch on other wires but they will stay without any other shrink wrap. Don't forget to put markers on each end of the wires. Saves un bundling in the future when attempting to trace wires.

Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Velocity xl 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 9:29 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Electrical Marking Tip


  Say all I am looking to a little help with electrical wiring.
  I have the wire markers ( the little numbers and letters )
  that you tape to the wire as an Identifier. The problem is 
  they keep coming off. Now I have put clear heat shirk tubing
  on the ones I install now and that works great but I really do 
  not want to cut off all of my Crimps to put heat shrink tubing
  on the ones I missed. Is there any tips on how to keep these 
  little Pieces of tape on the wire???

  PS I decided to go all electrical and get rid of the Vacuum Gauges.
  I did not look like there was a good way to run these Vacuum gauges.

  Thanks 

  Ron


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------



  No virus found in this incoming message.
  Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com 
  Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.16/1843 - Release Date: 12/11/2008 8:36 AM
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081212/9767efb1/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list