REFLECTOR: Sealing hydraulic cylinder fittings RG

Ron Brown romott at mi-connection.com
Tue Aug 26 12:08:51 CDT 2008


I had problems using Teflon tape with not staying sealed. I'm a big believer in Teflon tape - even though some A&P's cuss it.

But there does seem to be some interaction between Teflon and the  5606 red hydraulic fluid.  I had to rework a couple of fittings which normally would seal tight with Teflon tape.

Try a oil/fuel resistant pipe compound from the auto parts store.  You do need some sort of seal on pipe threads.

Ronnie
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: len.baxter at gm.com 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:24 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Sealing hydraulic cylinder fittings RG



  Hi All 

  I am putting the fittings on  the gear cylinders and seem to remember some discussion ( that I cant find in my saved pile ) about the right way to seal the fittings on the hydraulic cylinders....... my normal practice would be to use Teflon tape.   Is this the best?? 

  Thanks 


  Len Baxter    XLRG 
  Linden,  Mi.   9G2

  Cell      586-940-9224


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080826/2e8b8210/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list