REFLECTOR: wing attach bolts

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Wed Aug 20 23:37:17 CDT 2008


I agree-

Each of those 6 bolts will hold up about 10 Velocity aircraft in shear, and
about 5 or 6 in tension-  the rear spar is grossly over engineered- which is
a good thing, but there are lots of other things to tinker with- 

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of HYTEC45 at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 8:24 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: wing attach bolts

 

In a message dated 8/19/2008 5:26:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com writes:

I bought the plane used and I was told that it liked to pull G's ... I want
it to be safe so I am replaceing all of the critical hardware.  Jeff

Each bolt will take at least 27K shear.  If the nuts were tight, I would
worry about something else.

TEC





  _____  

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal
<http://information.travel.aol.com/deals?ncid=aoltrv00050000000047> here.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080820/aab55ad5/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list