REFLECTOR: Oil Door Latch

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Mon Aug 18 10:09:10 CDT 2008


Andy,

 

The oil door latch was the source of a lot of angst for me, but it ended up
being simple.  I wanted a Hartwell latch, but I couldn't find one offered
with what I thought were the correct trigger offset and panel offset.  I
ordered a "surplus" latch (no guarantee as to dimensions) from Spruce and
very easily adapted it to the thickness of the cowling.  (A little sanding
makes it thinner, and a ply or two of layup makes it thicker.)  I spent less
time doing the actual installation than I had spend on research trying to
find the correct latch!  It was also quite a bit cheaper than if I had been
able to find the "correct" latch.  Just do it!

 

Keith Hallsten, XLFG

 

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Andy Millin
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 7:05 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: Oil Door Latch

 

Does anyone have a recommendation for the latch mechanism on the Oil Door?

 

Andy

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080818/055ca73e/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list