REFLECTOR: Emailing: Vesta Prop
David Bertram
n350tx at tx.rr.com
Tue Aug 5 10:37:50 CDT 2008
I have over 120hrs on my MT electric. I love the prop especially since I
have had no problems. I find the electric responsive and easy to use.
Dave Bertram
N350TX
-------Original Message-------
From: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Date: 08/03/08 19:52:48
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Emailing: Vesta Prop
Hi Dave-
I never was really comfortable with the entire MT way of doing business -
from the price to the blade quality to the lag screw attachment, to the
damage history- to the send the prop to Germany to get that ding fixed
procedure of theirs. I was looking at the aero composites- they look good,
but even more pricy than MT if that is even possible- I have provisions for
a prop governor on my PSRU, but would sure like to just go electric- as long
as it is responsive- I have heard that the MT is too slow to keep up with
the engine during power-up. I will be contacting Vesta tomorrow to get a
spec on a prop for mine- has a little over 300 hp , and the beta would be
nice for short runways too- might help the Matcos stop my plane if you know
what I mean
.
Thanks for taking the first step for all of us- I hope that the prop works
flawlessly for you- still did not hear the Aero Composite story, would like
to find out what happened to it, although I am probably too cheap to ever
drop that much money on a prop anyway.
Alex
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of davedent at comcast.net
Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 10:37 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Emailing: Vesta Prop
Alex, mine is the VP-3 prop. It's a 78" because I have the Lyc. 260hp engine
If you go to http://www.vestav8.com/Propellers.htm there is a picture of
my prop. I have the hydraulic governor type control. He does make the
electric as well. I recommend the electric because it can go into bata for
short runways and it is very responsive. I was already set up for hydraulic
so I stayed with it. But you don't have the governor installed or bought
you may want to consider going electric.
The numbers are much like the MT so I wouldn't go the MT way just on the
cost and availability. Also they are made in the U.S.
Dave
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080805/0fb333ff/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list