REFLECTOR: constant speed props

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Sun Aug 3 22:27:48 CDT 2008


Tom your numbers look close to mine. My arms are a little different. The net result is a CG with 30# and a large battery in the nose at 120.6. That is why I am wondering how anyone can hang a IO-540 on the back with a constant speed prop without having a lot of weight up in the nose. I have often thought I would like to put a constant speed on my IO-360 but can't justify the weight.


Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Tom 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2008 9:57 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: constant speed props


  Lou, I've got a similar set up to you and I only need 18 lbs in the nose. Until I swapped over to a lighter (Odyssey) battery I only needed 12 lbs. It might be the prop. I've got a 2 blade AymarDemuth but I don't think it's that much lighter that a Catto (hope not as I've had a Catto on order going on a year now and it should be here soon. Or maybe I just weigh a bunch more than you do (I'm 185lbs)...Tom-----Avg W&B for my plane below

        Date:8/15/07 
       WEIGHT &BALANCE N255DM 

       
       
       
       
       

       Weight Arm Moment 
       

       
       
       
       
       
        Empty A/C 1232.12 128.135 157877.7 
       
        Pilot/Copilot 185 76 14060 
       
        Rear Passengers 0 119.13 0 
       
        Sump Tank 36 135 4860 
       
        Nose Ballast 18 29.5 531 
       
        Fuel (Mains) 150 122.25 18337.5 
       

       
       
       
       
       

       
       
       
       
       
        Total Weight 1621.12 120.6982 195666.2 
       

       
       
       
       
       

       
       
       
       
       
        Gross Wt-2250 
       
       
       
       
        CG Limits 115.1-120.75 
       
       
       


No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com 
Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.5.12/1589 - Release Date: 8/3/2008 1:00 PM


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080803/33bd0492/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list