REFLECTOR: Forward Beams

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sun Aug 3 09:42:41 CDT 2008


 
I Thought about doing that Larry. I pulled some leather over the area and  it 
just looked strange to me. 
 
I ended up cutting off some of the aft portion of the receiver tube (toward  
the door opening). 
I also moved the tube forward to get a little extra material, then glassed  
the thing in with some extra material. It seems to fit pretty good now. The 
tube  is only about 3/4" deep now, but I cannot imagine that it would not be  
sufficient. 
 
I also clamped the beams in place with a bunch of squeeze clamps and then  
heated it up Very Slowly with a heat gun. It relaxed into place nicely. It now  
fits much better than it did before. 
 
The overhead switch panel is now removable with 4 small screws and all the  
wires are captured in the beams. 
 
Onward :) 
 
In a message dated 8/3/2008 7:03:16 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,  
lwcoen at hotmail.com writes:

How about cutting through the face of the beam so that the receiver  leaves a 
bump that can be glassed over attaching the beam and receiver full  length?
 



 



**************Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? 
Read reviews on AOL Autos.      
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017 )
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080803/c264bcf9/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list