REFLECTOR: Annual Inspection Question
Dave Philipsen
velocity at davebiz.com
Fri Aug 1 10:47:15 CDT 2008
As an example, I bought my Velocity from the original builder. I do all
of the maintenance myself. Last year, when it was time for the
condition inspection, I worked on it under the supervision of an A&P.
When I finished and he was satisfied, he signed it off. My A&P also
happens to be building an experimental airplane himself. It helps if
you find one who understands the concept. It also helps if you keep him
informed of all of the work that you do on the plane.
John Dibble wrote:
> He's right. Only the builder can do it, but anyone can do maintenance.
>
> John
>
> Jmbmitch33 wrote:
>
>> Anyone know off hand if you sell your Velocity, can the buyer do
>> .....and sign off....on the annual inspection??...even though he
>> did'nt do any of the build? I was thinking any pilot (current owner)
>> could do the inspection due to its "experimental" status, but someone
>> at a different airport was telling me if you didnt build it, you cant
>> do it. ........thoughts on that.....
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD-FG
N83DP
More information about the Reflector
mailing list